Your mother was right! You have two ears and one mouth for a reason…
Listening is one of the key skills as a manager, leader, teammate, and in life. It creates empathy,understanding, alignment and builds trust.
Third Level Power Listening teaches you how to listen with all of your senses, and to connect more deeply with the emotions and values that underlie what the person is saying. It is deep listening. Important listening, it is listening that gives you a competitive advantage.
Attributes of a Third Level Listener
- Being ‘Other-Directed’ rather than to project our own feelings and ideas onto the other
- Staying Non-Defensive, as when protecting the self, it is difficult to focus on others.
- Imagining or ‘seeking to understand‘ the roles, perspectives or experience of others rather than assuming they are the same as our own
- Listening not as a judge or critic, but more as a neutral ‘receiver’,
- Appreciating the other person rather than trying to change them
Our clients have reported using Third Level Power Listening to:
- Make huge sales
- Repair pained and strained relationships
- Build trust on cross-cultural teams
- Bring project teams together with great speed, efficiency and effectiveness, and
- Improve relationships at home with spouses and even teenagers!
Contact us on how we can assist you in the gifts that Power Listening can bring! Info@ThirdLevel.com